Doctor examining patient.

Documents Needed to Apply for H.I.P

  • Valid Driver’s License
  • Social Security Card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Income Verification

Applying for Medicaid

Applying for Medicaid is required if a patient wishes to receive free medications from many of the drug manufacturer’s prescription assistance programs. Our patient advocate will guide you in the initial process of applying for Medicaid. You must provide the required documentation to our advocate. It is the patient's responsibility to follow through with this process in order to obtain confirmation of denial or approval.

Patient Advocate Services

During regular clinic hours, our patient advocate is available to provide patients with assistance in obtaining the necessary income documentation for eligibility verification to receive medical and dental care at St. Martin's Healthcare.

We may also assist patients with eligibility and enrollment in:

  • The Affordable Care Act’s Marketplace Health Insurance Exchange
  • The Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP)
  • The Prescription Assistance Program

Documents Needed to Apply for Free Medications

  • Valid Driver’s License or State Identification Card
  • Medicaid Denial Letter
  • Current Tax Forms for all Household Members
  • Salary/Wage Documentation for all Household Members
  • Social Security Assistance from Any Source Documentation
  • Other Income Documentation

If Approved for Healthcare Benefits

If you are approved for Medicaid, the Healthy Indiana Plan or any other form of healthcare benefits, please let our staff know. In some circumstances we may no longer be able to provide medical care, but you may still be eligible for dental care.

Other Resources

Our staff and volunteers can direct you with resources available for assistance with clothing, food, utility payments and other community resources.